The new towels in our bathroom have really got my mind going on other changes and updates we could make. Before I share them with you, I thought it might help if show a few pictures of the bathroom, so you can grasp the layout.
The door with the mirror on it leads to Noah’s room. The door that is cut off in the left hand corner leads to our bathroom, and the other door leads to Michael Luke’s closet.
It is shared by both bedrooms upstairs. Originally, it was supposed to have been two separate baths; but apparently, the contractor/developer tried to save a few bucks and reduced it to one. The framed opening was cut out to join the two areas.
I don’t mind it too much since it gives us a larger bathroom than originally intended. Definitely more room for two people this way.
Even though I have several ideas, they won’t all happen right away. Some of them may never get done. We aren’t about to tackle a complete renovation of the bathroom… more like make changes as we have time and money.
So what are these changes?
1. Find more practical places for Noah’s bathing supplies. It’s time Michael Luke and I make room. It’s no longer a bathroom for two.
2. Add moulding to our frameless bathroom mirrors.
I might try to match the color to the mirror on the back of the door.
I would love to just replace the mirrors, but the previous owner painted around them. And since I don’t really mind the paint color and don’t feel like adding another room to my to-paint list, we will work with the mirrors we have.
3. The cabinet above the toilet provides invaluable storage.
So we can’t get rid of it, but I have been thinking of ways to help it look better.
First, I would like to place some paper or fabric behind the translucent panels to hide all our junk. I have never understood the reasoning behind translucent panels there. Everything always looks neater when you can’t see all the junk. Second, I would like to trim off the legs and mount the cabinet to the wall. Sounds like a ML job to me. Doing this would clean up the floor and give me the chance to place the cabinet higher on the wall.
4. I would also like to find ways to use the aqua color found in the towels throughout the room.
5. And if I ever find the time, I would like to repaint the cabinets and trim in the bathroom.
I would have to really get motivated to do this though, since I have already done it once. I do think that if the cabinets were a lighter color, it would help the room feel larger.
6. And since dreaming and wishing don’t cost anything… I wouldn’t mind re-tiling the floor and walls and removing the carpet.
That would be a big DIY step for us though. We haven’t ever tackled tile. Thankfully, our existing tile is still in good condition. For the time being, I will be content with what I have.
7. I would also like to replace the towel rack with towel hooks.
8. At some point ML and I would like to come up with a solution to our abundance of doors swinging into the bathroom.
Maybe using a bi-fold door for his closet or reversing the swing on one. New doors would be great too. Our existing doors are hollow core.
So there you have my dream/wish list for the bathroom. I can’t promise you we will tackle all of these, but we will be making some changes. I’ll keep you posted.
Do you have dream/wish lists for rooms in your house? Have you been faced with rooms that have too many doors? What do you think of my wish list?
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on:
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.