For the most part ML and I try to/have to stick to a fairly healthy diet which includes avoiding processed and/or packaged foods. This includes boxed dinners such as Hamburger Helper, deli meat, and packaged seasoning. (To learn more about our diet and how it has eliminated my migraines, see here.)
Mexican dishes are a favorite in our house, but there are a few store bought items we have to avoid when fixing a Mexican dish. One of these is packaged taco seasoning because it often contains MSG which is a trigger for my migraines. Thankfully, I have a recipe for an all natural taco seasoning mix. It is super easy and tastes as good if not better than the store bought stuff. Another plus is that you probably already have the needed spices on hand, so it costs practically nothing to make it.
I can’t take credit for the recipe because I found it on Allrecipes.com, but I wanted to share it with you because it is so easy and good! I did end up tweaking mine a little.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I didn’t have any on hand so I left this spice out.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I added this for a little extra kick.)
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on
Linking up at: Imparting Grace
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on:
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.