Once again I have been thinking all day about what to write. What am I most thankful for right now? There are so many things that I take for granted that God has blessed me with that sometimes its hard to narrow it down to just one. So today I present to you “My Unrefined List of Thankfulness”. Ten things that I am most thankful for right now (in no particular order).
My Unrefined List of Thankfulness
- Sleep – Ok, so it’s kind of a given that we all need and get sleep. But at the end of the day I am definitely thankful to lay my head down and rest for a few hours. Sleep is amazing but is something I have been getting less of these past few nights as I prepare for Noah’s birthday party this weekend.
- The Blog/All You Wonderful Readers and Supporters – I truly enjoy blogging and I am thankful that it has given me something to do during Noah’s naps. It sure beats watching daytime television! Color Transformed Family has opened the door for me to meet and get to know so many other wonderful bloggers and readers. Readers are like the frosting on top of the blog cup cake. Your guys are what make blogging so rewarding and fun. I am thankful for everyone of you that takes time out of your day to read what’s going on in my world. No matter how boring it may be/
- Lifeline – Lifeline Children’s Services is our adoption agency. Michael Luke and I continue to fall more and more in love with them. Seriously, y’all! They are amazing and such an encouragement to ML and me in our spiritual life. I plan to share more about what makes them so great and why we are incredibly blessed to be working with them in the coming weeks.
- Michael Luke – While this seems like another given it can’t be ignored. Several times a week I thank God for the wonderful husband he has blessed me with. A man that wants to be a strong spiritual leader for our family and desires to see our household serve the Lord and bring glory to His name. His love for Noah and me is overwhelming and truly one of the greatest blessing in my life.
- Noah – Another blessing that I thank God for daily. Never could I have imagined the joy she would bring to our lives or the love we would feel for her. It still amazes me that God created her and knit her in my womb. He formed every piece of her body and didn’t leave any detail out!
- My bed – A few years ago I saw a article and work of photography titled “Where Children Sleep” that covered children’s beds around the world. Each picture told the story of a life in a different country and culture. Some children didn’t even have a bed, instead they shared a room with their entire family and slept on the floor. Others were living in poor conditions with make shift beds. To lay your head down each night in a clean bed (regardless of when the sheets were last washed) is really something to be thankful for.
- Health – Last year I went into detail about the joy I had found finally being freed from my migraines. This year I am thankful for my continued health. I am healthier now than I have ever been because I am not sitting at a desk for eight hours a day. I honestly believe God did not design us to sit for that long of a time, every day! Having the ability to move around is such a blessing!
- Do Nothing Tuesdays – Michael Luke and I reserve Tuesday nights as our night to do nothing. Most Tuesdays we don’t go anywhere or do any chores. It is our night to relax, possibly watch a move, and take a break from the hectic week we normally find ourselves in. Do Nothing Tuesdays gives us the stamina to make it to the end of the week plus it’s kind of like having a mini date night.
- The Right To Vote – Ok, so if your like me you are tired of reading everyone’s opinions on Twitter and Facebook. Despite all the political bantering I am still thankful for the opportunity to get to voice my opinion by voting. Sometimes, I think we lose sight of what a huge deal this is for us! People all over the world would love to have the opportunity to vote for their leaders and yet there are still Americans that choose not to.
- God’s Amazing Comfort, Presence, and Guidance – Michael Luke and I have been reminded of this this past week. It is such a blessing to be reminded that God is in control and already knows how everything will turn out. There are no surprises for God. I am thankful that my God never leaves me, is always there to comfort me, and longs to guide and direct me.
So there’s a quick list of ten things I am thankful for. Now I want to hear what you are thankful for? Do you have a set aside date night every week? A wonderful family that you couldn’t imagine your life without? Or maybe you are thankful for that full night’s sleep you got last night or plan to this weekend? Whatever it is I want to hear about either by linking up your Thankful Thursday blog post or leaving a comment below sharing what you are most thankful for. How has God blessed you in the past week that you are most thankful for?
Don’t forget to join Color Transformed Family every Thursday in November as we give thanks for all the blessings God has given us.
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on:
Linking up at:
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on:
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.